Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Assistive Technology


Assistive technology is any kind of technology that can be modified for someone with any type of disability. It is important as a future teacher to know how to make use of any kind of assistive technology for future students. For this assignment, we have to create a Power Point with information about our findings in changing all of the assistive technology settings on our individual computers. I think this assignment itself is not that great, but I do feel like it is very important to know the things that we are exploring. My favorite option is the on screen keyboard. I think that is really neat and helpful for people who do not have full use of their hands. For my personal preference, I like having the option to change the contrast and brightness of the screen. If the screen is too bright, it will often give me a terrible headache. For someone with vision problems, there are a variety of things that could be done to the screen so that they can see it better. I think that as a future educator, it is my responsibility to make sure that, no matter if someone has a disability or not, all students are learning and receiving the information in a way that suits each and every student.

            Assistive technology allows all students to use computers and other types of technology. I believe that assistive technology falls under the NETS-T standard #2. With assistive technology, the teachers are able to customize and personalize activities to accommodate all students.

No comments:

Post a Comment