Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Turn It In!


The assignment this week was dealing with plagiarism. In class, we learned or reviewed what plagiarism is and how badly one can be punished for plagiarizing. For our assignment, we were instructed to plagiarize for the first half and then try to reword and rewrite for our second half. The first part was obviously very easy. I’m guessing that is why so many people choose to plagiarize rather than write things in their own words. The second part would not have been hard answering the questions. The hard part was trying to state the answers in my very own words and getting less than 15% when submitting it to turn it in. I really didn’t mind doing this assignment. It was over all pretty easy. I learned a little more about turnitin.com, but I have used it several times before so there wasn’t much else for me to learn.

I think that if I taught high school or college, Turnitin.com would be especially helpful. I’m sure, for teachers, having 100 or more students write an essay or a research paper, it gets hard knowing who actually wrote their papers and who copied it. Turnitin will point out grammar mistakes or misspellings before the teacher even has to look at it. It also can tell if the information in a paper was stolen and if so, it can show exactly where it came from. Overall, turnitin is a very helpful tool that could be used in the classroom on a regular basis.  

Since this assignment was dealing with Turnitin, which deals with digital citizenship and responsibility, it falls under NETS-T Standard 4.

***CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY PLAGIARIZED PAPER***

No comments:

Post a Comment