Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New to Blogger!

      


  I am completely new to Blogger. In fact, I am completely new to blogging all together. I think that blogging will be a good way for students, myself included, to get everything off of their chest about certain assignments. On here, we can talk about what we have learned, what we find helpful and even what we find ridiculously confusing.  
        The second night in IT 365 class, we were taught what a blog or blog folio is and how to use it. I learned in class how to get to the website and how to log in to my personal blog. There are several ways you can personalize your blog. I navigated a little to see how to change the layout and the templates. I like how you can include an about me little blurb off to the side along with a profile picture. I also really like that you can create your own URL or blog address for your blog. All of that was fairly easy to do. This is just a whole new experience to me, so I am still getting used to it. 
        I think this would be a great tool to incorporate into the everyday classroom. Maybe not so much with younger children, but it would be easy to add a blogging experience to the classroom for older students. I think that using a blog could be following the NETS-T standard Number 1. By using a blog, students could record their thoughts and problems with the assignments. I think that by having students write a blog, it encourages them to be creative in the midst of using technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment