Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Very Own Website

          

Creating your very own website sounds really cool, however actually doing it is not all that fun. For this assignment, we used Google’s Sites function to create a personal website for a hypothetical classroom. We are required to have a home page and 3 other pages with blurbs about your self, the projected class and course info, and links to other websites for extra activities. Each page requires a lot of elements and details. This assignment seemed like fun to begin with, but it is my least favorite one yet. I really don’t know what I am doing even with the class instruction. I am just really confused. I am having a hard time learning how to add buttons and different types of visually appealing banners. The part that has given me the most trouble is the calendar gadget. I found out how to add it, but I want to add things to specific days to make it look like a classroom schedule. I have tried all that I know to do and I can’t get it to work.
            I think that the website itself could be a great way to keep parents informed and updated on what is going on in the classroom. I think that older students will also find it resourceful. Teachers could post an assignment list or links to websites that students could easily access anywhere. As far as using the website for an assignment like we did as a class, it would be geared more towards high school students. This assignment is a little bit hard and would be challenging for younger students to complete.

            This assignment, as well as almost all of the previous ones, meets the NETS-T Standard # 1. This assignment allows students to be creative while navigating and using a new and unfamiliar computer program.


TO VIEW MY WEBSITE, CLICK HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment