Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Google Functions

 
         
For this particular assignment, we learned how to use and utilize several Google functions. We worked specifically with Google Drive and Google Groups. I really enjoyed learning about the functions of Google. I was really shocked at all of the free space available to anyone who has a Google email account (Gmail account). I really like knowing that I have 15 gigs of memory online that I can access from anywhere with an Internet connection. I like how on both Google Drive and Google Groups, you can share what you are working on or post discussion questions for a set group of people to see. I also think it is awesome that you have the option for people to view, comment or edit on anything you create in Google Drive. I also like how once you share something, you can see exactly when someone is editing, commenting or viewing whatever it is you are working on in Google Drive.

            I think that all of the functions could be used in a classroom for teachers or for students. I have had teachers who asked me to buy a jump drive specifically for one class. With Google, all you would have to do is create a Gmail account and you could save everything there. That would also be easier because people wouldn’t need to keep up with anything physically because you can access documents saved on Google anywhere with an Internet connection. I think this assignment meets the NETS-T standard perfectly. With Google functions, the teacher can communicate effectively to the students with technology.



***CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY PRESENTATION***

***INTERSTING WEEK IN THE LIFE OF A TEACHER***
This story was written by:
Rebecca Caraway
Maleah Anderson
Cheyanne Carter
Melissa Cherry
Allyne Cawthon




***CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR GROUP DISCUSSION ON DIAGRAMS, MAPS AND WEBS!***

No comments:

Post a Comment